Midway barns from the road between Hillside and Taliesin
These barns have had many forms over the years. The most recent incarnation was built between 1938 and 1947. These were used as barns for the Taliesin apprentices for the work they did on the fields on the property. They contained dairy barns, pig pens and storage for the farm equipment. The home built by Richard Lloyd Jones was moved up the hill and incorporated into the barns.
Looking from further down the road
The barns were constantly being worked on over the years to change their use and conduct maintenance and repairs.
Yet another view from the road.
The milk tower was obviously used for storing milk. Ice was used to keep the milk cold and fresh.